We’re always looking for the best ways to make the web easier and more empowering, while ensuring that the spotlight is on the content. That’s why we’re so excited to introduce the first community built on the RebelMouse platform, The Dodo.
With the profound shift in the way people regard animals, The Dodo is calling all animal lovers to its community-driven online destination that’s committed to learning, understanding, improving our relationships and being more passionate about protecting our animal friends. Our innovative tools allow The Dodo to turn every member into a contributor on the site. They can join, then create and curate their own stories, videos and photos to seamlessly contribute content from their favorite social media feeds directly onto The Dodo. Anyone, anywhere can contribute immediately just by using the hashtag #thedodo. It’s that easy!
Want to join the party? Turn on Rebel Shout Outs today!
Gearing Up For #SXSWi: How to Organize Your Online Presence With RebelMouse by @angelawasheck via @10000words rbl.ms/1jPesEq
- A Front Page for your Blog. RebelMouse can create a dynamic, social front page for your blog that showcases not only your blog posts but what you're sharing on social. Check out benparr.com and casiestewart.com for examples. This is possible by powering your domain, with our embed code or Wordpress plugin.
- Replace (or start) your Blog. RebelMouse allows you to mix in curated content from social with your own original posts. RebelMouse can become your blogging platform -- add posts from links, video, photos and/or text. You can freeze posts you care about towards the top of your RebelMouse and you may choose to do this with your original content. Check out examples from paulcarr.com, Guy Kawasaki, or Jonah Peretti for some inspiration.
- Your Company Site. RebelMouse is an easy way to create a dynamic company site that updates as you share on social networks, but allows you the flexibility to keep certain content like a job opening or new product launch towards the top. Check out how Lerer Ventures is using RebelMouse.
- Curate around a topic. RebelMouse makes it easy to bring in a mix of content around the web to become a hub for one event, issue or community. For instance, WNYC used RebelMouse as a hub for information around Hurricane Sandy leading up to and during the storm. Andy Carvin's site is another great example of how powerful curated content around events can be.
- Run a hashtag campaign. Use RebelMouse as a community content hub. Embed directly on your site or create a separate destination to highlight community submissions for a hashtag campaign. Always Riding created an embed on their page for their #alwaysriding hashtag campaign, and with the customization and control behind RebelMouse they are able to display only the content which they feel represents their brand.
- More to come. We're constantly adding features and evolving the platform because of how our community is using it. If there's something you'd love to see happen, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you! We also regularly feature cool examples on our Twitter , Facebook, and Google+ pages.
Congrats to Dallas Buyers Club for last night's Oscars! Great photos, quotes and more on rbl.ms/1jMws24 pic.twitter.com/BwCybpXyzi
So you've got a fancy new RebelMouse site! It's brought in stories from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and more (depending on which networks you've connected) and you're wondering what to do next.
Here are some great places to start:
- Edit, Move and Freeze posts. Make RebelMouse your own by editing headlines, freezing stories you love towards the top of the page and moving posts around.
- Set up RebelMouse Nav. Nav allows you to divide your content into sub-pages that make it easy to categorize and organize your RebelMouse. Learn more.
Watch the live stream of the #Kiev protests via @NewsHour's RebelMouse: rbl.ms/1biBDGD pic.twitter.com/JHh9XUOwph
"It's a different landscape more than it's just a different generation." - @meganberry rbl.ms/1llRmYS pic.twitter.com/YcmbNTYvN7
Just how much did Ellen DeGeneres tip the #Oscars pizza guy? Find out on @extratv's RebelMouse rbl.ms/1lwYVvS pic.twitter.com/McHaLjoFoJ
"We've also used Spotify and RebelMouse to enhance stories." - @mpventura of @DNAinfo rbl.ms/1q0RopV pic.twitter.com/TDODRZO0kL
.@TrendKE cuts through the noise and delivers all angles of top trending stories in #Kenya: rbl.ms/1jMtZ7Y pic.twitter.com/3gNcwc8lCC
Your organization is complex. There are different layers and hierarchies that require flexibility within technologies to ensure only those who are granted permission have access to sensitive data and publishing abilities.
We understand the needs of enterprise organizations at RebelMouse, and continue to build our Enterprise offering to meet the needs of the modern marketing team. That's why we're thrilled to announce a new option for Primetime and Enterprise customers; when adding a RebelMouse administrator, titled "Read Only," which limits administrators to certain actions while still giving them access to important information; mainly, your RebelMouse stats.
Administrators with "Read Only" will view your front page as any non-administrator would; they will not have access to publish, edit, move, or remove content. However, they can view parts of the site's dashboard. Within the dashboard they can view (but not edit) other administrators of the site, and access, in full, the site's analytics. This functionality includes all of the sorting and exporting functionality available currently to full admins.
Adding a "Read Only" administrator is simple. In your dashboard, go to the "Sites" tab and choose to add an administrator as you previously have done. You'll now see a drop-down menu next to the email box that allows you to make the admin a full administrator or grant "Read Only" access.
For questions on "Read Only" access, email email@example.com. Enterprise customers can email their account manager to learn more.
For more than three decades, United Airlines has been the official airlines of Team USA, flying thousands of athletes to and from Olympic destinations around the world. As the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off in Sochi, United is once again providing athletes (and their gear) transportation.
United has created a hub page to collect social conversation about the games using RebelMouse from some of their partner athletes, among them Gracie Gold, Travis Jayner, and Shani Davis. The athletes have been posting across social channels in the lead-up to the games with the hashtag #TeamUSAFriendly, and showed behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of United's new TV commercial, which features athletes in various flight operations roles.
The campaign features the Team USA hub, television spots, and paid media across the web. Paid media on Yahoo!, for instance, points directly to the Team USA Hub. Content for the Team USA hub will continue to update throughout the games. Additionally, United will use RebelAds to feature real-time content during the games in its paid media campaigns.
Check back to the United Team USA Hub throughout the games for the latest from Olympic athletes and their journeys across Sochi!
We're incredibly excited to announce that we'll be rolling out newsletters this week for all RebelMouse sites. This means you and anyone in your audience who signs up will get daily emails with new activity!
- The Easiest Way to Have a Daily Newsletter. Just keep being awesome on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other network you have connected to RebelMouse and you'll have a great newsletter that's easy to share.
- Anyone Can Subscribe on Your RebelMouse Site! Look for the email sign-up "Get Alerts" option on the top right of your site. Tell your friends and followers to sign up if they want to receive these updates.
For help embedding RebelMouse on your website or blog, check out these quick guides:
How to Embed RebelMouse on:
Drone Captures Incredible Footage Of A Whale Mother And Her Baby rbl.ms/1q0jzFu via @smessenger on @dodo pic.twitter.com/fRNlp1DQ10
We rise with @Vday to end violence against women! rbl.ms/1czw81g #1billionrising pic.twitter.com/F08BClpxHu
Want to be even more social with RebelMouse? User Twitter Shout Outs to easily boost your audience's engagement with your content. Interested? Read on to learn how.
5 ways to use social media curator RebelMouse: incl @ckanal @nowthisnews @salon @techcrunch @KING5Seattle
- "This microgeneration of your friends that you hang out with has no name. You don't think of it as millennials." - Megan Berry, RebelMouse (@db)
- "You need to know what you stand for. It needs to be honest. It needs to align with this demographic." - Chris Altchek, PolicyMic (@db)
- "That's what great about digital. You can afford to be so narrow." - Adam Ostrow, Mashable (@USPrimeResearch)
- "If it's f*cking good, it's f*cking good, this sh*t's not that hard." - Rich Antoniello, Complex Media (@CVillafane)
- "Wallet activism is really powerful. It's something that's become a huge part of the convo with millenials." - Samantha Skey, SheKnows (@db)
- "If you speak the language & show the values, then you can build a long term relationship." - Chris Altchek, PolicyMic (@_SheScribes)
- "It's a different landscape more than it's just a different generation." - Megan Berry, RebelMouse (@gangsta_leen)